Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms carefully as they apply to all event orders. Feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions.
– All sales are final. You may cancel or modify your order up to 3 business days prior to your delivery or pickup date subject to a 50% re-stocking fee. We do not accept cancellations or changes less than 72 hours from your delivery or pickup date.
– Carpet is subject to the usual variations of any textile. Dyelots may vary. The carpet may stretch or buckle as a result of changes in humidity and moisture in the environment or the floor/sub-floor it is laid on. Our quality assurance team and installers can help prevent and minimize most variations, however they do occur. Our carpet is cut manually and is subject to a variance of 1” over 13’.
EXISTING FLOORING AND TAPE
– We will not be responsible for any damages to your existing flooring. We will provide, upon request, and at no charge (excluding postage for rush service), a sample of our double-sided tape for you to test in an unobtrusive area of your venue’s floor. Upon written order confirmation and subject to extra costs, we will tape a layer of masking tape (aka painter’s tape or Scapa tape) between the floor and our double-sided tape.
– No refunds on material will be issued in the event of inclement weather. If you cancel your installation due to reasonable weather concerns with at least 12 hours notice, then, at the sole discretion of Reznick Event Carpets management, the labour charges may be refunded.
INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL (STRIKE)
– The scope of your job must be fully specified in advance. Extra charges may apply for any of, but not limited to, the following: carpet on carpet, stairs, upholstering ledges and stages, furniture manipulation, floor cleaning, carpet on grass or dirt, etc…
– All floors to be clean, clear and ready for your installer’s arrival. If our installation crew is required to wait idle on site, a charge of $120/hour applies.
– Orders finalized less than 72 hours from delivery or pickup date are considered rush and are subject to the following surcharges to accommodate the resulting inflated production costs:
12-24 hours: $200.00; 24-48 hours: $150.00; 48-72 hours: $100.00 plus taxes plus rush delivery fees if applicable.
– Any outstanding accounts will be subject to a compounded interest charge of 2% per month.
Information We Collect
Knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information except where required or permitted by law. Providing us with your Personal Information is always your choice. However, your decision not to provide certain information may limit our ability to provide you with our products or services. We will not require you to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of information as a condition to the supply of a product or service, except as required to be able to supply the product or service.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the Quote Request Information to fulfill any quote requests placed through the Site (including arranging for shipping, and providing you with quotes, invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Quote Request Information to:
– Communicate with you;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site — you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
– Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
– Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Upon request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, and will be given access to it. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, we will not disclose certain information to you. For example, we may not disclose information relating to you if other individuals are referenced or if there are legal, security or commercial proprietary restrictions.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Reznick Event Carpets
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
118 Schell Avenue, TORONTO ON M6E0A4, Canada